As a family, ride on the strength of God’s promises throughout exam season.
Parents, your words carry weight and authority. In Proverbs 18:21, the Word of God says: “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
Instead of leaning to our own understanding, let’s partner with God to declare His life over our children in exam season. Our Heavenly Father wants to remove all pressure that families may be facing now, and instead, wants us and our children to thrive.
If you feel overwhelmed, remember that God loves your children more than you do and desires that they prosper. Make time to boldly declare God’s everlasting promises to your children and invite them to respond with a resounding ‘Amen!’ Let the shalom peace of God take hold of all your hearts and experience His miraculous provision together as a family.
1. “The Lord is my Shepherd, I lack nothing.” (Psalms 23:1)
Declaration: Son/daughter’s name, Jesus is your Shepherd who always looks after you with great love. You have unlimited wisdom and strength in Christ, and God has promised to supply all your needs, including everything you need to do well during your exams.
2. “All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.” (Isaiah 54:31)
Declaration: Son/daughter’s name, the Lord is your greatest teacher and will show you what to study, when to study, how to study. You will also walk in amazing peace before, during, and after exams.
3. “When I said, ‘My foot is slipping,’ your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.” (Psalm 94:18)
Declaration: Son/daughter’s name, Jesus is always by your side throughout all your exams. When you don’t know what to do, confidently call to the Lord for wisdom, and His unfailing love will support you. You will soar on His wings as an eagle and will not grow tired or weary!
4. “They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:8)
Declaration: Son/daughter’s name, you are like an amazing tree planted by the Living Water. You are always healthy, green, and fruitful. Throughout your exams, the Holy Spirit will guide you and grant you excellent integrity and character, helping you grow upright like a beautiful tree reaching for the skies.
5. “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.” (Ephesians 2:10, NLT)
Declaration: Son/daughter’s name, you are God’s masterpiece and you have the perfect mind of Christ. Long before this exam period, God has already planned for you to be victorious. He only has good plans for you, and He loves and accepts you. He will help you!
6. “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:7)
Declaration: Son/daughter’s name, God’s peace surrounds you and is greater than the strongest shield on Earth! He will guard your heart and mind from fear, anxiety, comparison, and depression. He will only fill you with true, noble, good, pure, and excellent thoughts!
7. “The Lord will work out His plans for my life – for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever….” (Psalms 138:8, NLT)
Declaration: Son/daughter’s name, no matter what happens after your exams, the Lord loves you and will walk with you for the rest of your life. He will make you wise and a leader of your generation. He will make you a success and the world will take note – glorifying Jesus because of the light they see in you!
Reflect & Respond
When is the last time you declared God's Word over your child? How can you be doing this regularly?
Do you know a parent currently stressed about their child's exams? Encourage them with hope from God's Word by sharing this article with them.